Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Say Hello!

Page 2 / 3

Hello Everyone! My name is Jessica and I am a Costume Designer for Film/TV & Theater. Im living in the US right now and as covid has completely shut down my industry I have been taking the time to open my own shop of Vintage & Re-Fashioned clothes/ household items called Renegade Couture which you can find on Instagram / Facebook / Etsy and eventually Ill be adding a blog to showcase tricks of the up-cycling trade. Its wonderful to be apart of such a great community! Thank you for having me here!

Best

J

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/08/2020 4:09 pm

Hi everyone, my name is Gill, I live in Essex UK and I’m thrilled to have been invited to join your community.
Due to a total rethink of life during COVID lockdown I decided to leave my last employment of 17 years and start my own small business called “Lovingabag” from home. 
My passion for bag making began with a friend giving me some furnishing fabrics that she no longer had any use of. Lovingabag developed from those remnants of fabrics  and the encouragement of the friends who loved my bags. I now take great pleasure in making each of my handmade bags to be truly individual. By sourcing and using high quality soft furnishing and cotton fabric remnants that were destined for waste and recycling them into my unique bags. I promote and sell my bags on Instagram, Facebook and through my Etsy shop. I’m loving everyday and I’m so pleased I took a huge leap into the unknown. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/08/2020 5:12 pm
marine_minederien

Bonjour à tous,

Je découvre ce forum et tous ces créateurs ! Je m'appelle Marine, je vis en France, près de Paris et je me suis lancée depuis quelques mois dans un nouveau projet : Mine de Rien. Je crée de nouveaux objets à partir d'éléments chinés, je redonne vie aux objets désuets à ma façon 🙂

Mon travail est visible sur mon site : www.minederien.net ou sur instagram marine_minederien

A bientôt !

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/08/2020 10:52 am

こんにちは!

I'm Japanese and I was a designer for a denim brand, a vintage buyer and a shop manager for an upcycling brand.

I've recently started my own new upcycling brand.

I upcycle with broken vintage clothing and traditional Japanese fabrics.

Be sure to check it out on Instagram and web shop!

@thingple.tokyo

If you have any business contacts, please contact me.

[email protected]

This post was modified 2 years ago by thingple tokyo
This post was modified 2 years ago by Admin
ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/08/2020 1:53 pm

Oi!

Nice to meet you all!

My name is Juliana, i am a editor and translator, but right now recreating myself at Ma'akesher. It is an upcycling project where i transform T-shirts that were discarded by large charity networks into wellness accessories.

For now our main product is a yoga mat bag.

It's good to be part of this amazing concept!

Insta: @ma_akesher

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/08/2020 6:51 pm

Hi, Thanks for adding me . Im a printmaker and work in 3d also producing producing cast plaques. I use  a lot of recycled materials in my work to make marks , impressions . During lockdown I cleared our shed out and found my Papa's old tool box. Oh my days ! A huge source of materials to work with and I have produced a series of prints using the found metal pieces. Im now developing these prints into 3D plaster casts with graphite finishes . I love taking things apart that are destined for the recycling centre . In the past few weeks dismantled an old industrial sewing machine. Found a couple of characters living in there . Mr and Mrs Dismantle who have adventures. You can follow them on my IG page

or Fb page.Today Im taking apart my trusty old washing machine. Has done up proud for 16/17 years but sadly bit the dust on Thursday . Ill get enough materials from that to do me years. Happy days . Ill try and post a couple of pics of my work on here or if i cant ( not very tecchy savvy!) then you can check out my Ig and Fb  www.facebook.com/theprintwifey    @plantsandprintswifey 

Love to all and happy re/upcycling  x

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/08/2020 11:02 am

Hello Everyone! 

I’m Nicole and I started an upcycling project a few months ago that I’ve turned into Nicolette New York! I work with used denim at the end of its lifecycle and repurpose the components into handbags and accessories. I use weaving, dying, and crochet techniques to create one of a kind pieces. I look forward to connecting on this forum and learning more ways to upcycle 🙂

Instagram:Nicolettenewyork

Facebook Page: Nicolettenewyork

Pintrest:Nicolettenewyork

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/08/2020 4:04 pm

Hello from Rust & Toil!

We are a small family workshop in the South Lakes, UK. Since we moved into our home some years ago we've loved to upcycle and recycle. We've spent years acquiring materials and tools and making things for our home. Recently we made a sandpit from an old fence and a gazebo (that was rescued from a festival), and a greenhouse from scrap wood and plastic sheets from the neighbours new tumble dryer! 

Rust & Toil carries out restorations on anything from crumbling rusty tools, to garden benches heading to landfill. We are also starting to build indoor and outdoor furniture, using repurposed wood and metal wherever possible. These will largely be commissioned pieces, but there will be pieces for sale on Etsy in the future.

Our creations will be posted on Instagram and we'd love to hear any comments or feedback from people 🙂

Thanks!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/08/2020 5:23 pm

Hi, I live in the country in Shropshire,  I'm so lucky. We relocated during the covid lockdown in the UK in March and sold most of our furniture prior to the move. I'm now currently and constantly searching for furniture to upcyle to dress our beautiful new home. I've upcycled furniture for the last 20 years. I love to paint, reupholster small things and make things. I love a bargain, so often find new pieces so I'm constantly replacing items. Its an addiction.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/08/2020 6:55 pm

Hi from Oregon. We upcycle metal to create artwork. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/09/2020 5:37 pm
SC Design Studio

Hi! My name is Sonia.
I'm a Swiss designer living in Copenhagen. I started recycling chairs when we moved to Denmark in winter 2019. I happened because we did an international move and needed furniture and I found chairs on the side of the road and thought I could find a way to make them nice again, which worked out quite well and I have since then carried on upcycling chairs.
To see more of my work, visit my website www.sc-designstudio.com/index.php/gallery/

I am also currently preparing video tutorials on how to make chairs like I do and will happily share them with you on this forum as well as on my social media channels so keep in touch follow me to not miss out on these upcoming event! 🙂

Facebook www.facebook.com/SCdesignStudioDK

Instagram www.instagram.com/scdesignstudiodk/

Youtube www.youtube.com/channel/UCDRjXaBpE_Nsic6OOEBVwQw

thank! see you soon! <3

Sonia

This post was modified 2 years ago by SC Design Studio
This post was modified 2 years ago 2 times by Admin

Sonia from SC Design Studio

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/09/2020 2:36 pm
SC Design Studio

@marine_minederien super chou ce que tu fais!
moi c'est Sonia, @scdesignstudiodk je suis basée au Danemark et je recycle des chaises. Ravie de voire des francophones sur le forum 🙂
a bientot !

Sonia from SC Design Studio

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/09/2020 2:49 pm

Hi Everyone! Thank you for inviting me to join the Upcyclerlife Forum. Im looking forward to following your upcycling journeys.

My name is Kayleigh, Manchester, UK. Iv not been upcycling very long. During lockdown I found my love for textiles again, bought myself a sewing machine and went from there.  I’m enjoying up-cycling sentimental fabrics and I have completed two projects so far.

Feel free to check out my Instagram @Foxiclefabrics

instagram.com/foxiclefabrics?igshid=1779eb95fg34o

The below image was made from my younger sisters old school uniform.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/09/2020 5:04 pm

Hi, my name is Flo, I'm from Napoli, Italy. My project name is a quote from a poem by Stevie Smith (Not waving but drowning).

I use embroidery to upcycle clothing. Most of the time people gets rid of clothes not because they're worn out but because they stop talking to them, they're uncool or just too anonymous. Sometimes they have stains or tiny holes. I like to start from very cheap, unlovable second hand pieces and try to make them cute (my kind of cute, but still) and personal with small designs.

I've started learning embroidery last year with this purpose in my mind. I'm still a very beginners. I have a weird attachment to clothes, I think they all have their own personal "kami", and I'm also aware of the bad consequences of the fast fashion industry. I hope one day people will start rethink the life cycle of clothing, buy less, use their imagination to adapt them to their personality instead of letting the fast fashion industry make the rules.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/09/2020 1:22 pm
J.R. liked
 J.R.

Hello from London!

I love your ideas, Flo, and agree with you about slow fashion and taking care of one's clothing. Like you, I've been trying out embroidery stitches and other visible mending techniques, which has made me much more appreciative of the clothes that I already have in my wardrobe.

Textile-based upcycling is my favourite, but I also enjoy painting things (and/or covering them with paper or fabric), gilding, woodworking, jewellery making, paper crafts, ceramic/glass, and restoring things to be used for their original purpose. 

Current projects: re-upholstering my office chair with a remnant piece of a super cute printed fabric (scandi birds by iliv), mending moth-eaten knitwear for my brother, adding a warm lining to a knit cardigan for my mother who lives in a f-f-f-freezy part of the world, and replacing the lining on a coat that I've shortened into a jacket. Plenty of things to keep me busy! 

I'm quite new to upcycling so I'm looking forward to seeing other people's projects and getting lots of inspiration and advice, as well as getting to know some like-minded people. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/10/2020 7:55 am
Page 2 / 3
Share: